About Mariokart & Brawl
Hey, your not Logged in, please login so you can join the fun, or if you havent got a login, why not make a Free account!
About Mariokart & Brawl
Hey, your not Logged in, please login so you can join the fun, or if you havent got a login, why not make a Free account!
About Mariokart & Brawl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Mariokart & Brawl

This is the ultimate forum to chat about Mariokart Wii & Super Smash Bros Brawl, the Wii's 2 best Games!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide

Go down 
+2
turbocharger
Joyduck7
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Joyduck7
Administrator
Administrator
Joyduck7

Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide Empty
PostSubject: Joyduck''s Drifting & Trick''s Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:37 am

hey, Joyduck7 here, these are my 2 current Mariokart Wii Guides, 100% Made by me and Copyrighted, Read and enjoy!

Drifting

Drifting, you made have heard that word before, and you may have heard its also hard to spell, so don’t get made if i miss spell it… lol! Anyway, if you’ve heard of Mario kart, then a big part of racing in it is drifting! There are 2 types of drifting in Mariokart, Manual and Automatic, yep, just like real cars!

Automatic:is the most simplest and basic drift and is usually best for beginner’s because you dont really have to do anything, all you do is turn and it will drift the turn on have made pressure (steep, soft…. etc) you put on that turn. it works good with all karts/bikes because those types of drift will just fit in with the turn! But Automatic doesnt give you a mini turbo which is kinda bad if you look’in for speedy corners!

Manual:is a more complex than automatic because its drift requires you to hold down a button while turning and is usually best for experts or those who have had Mario kart for a long time (or even those who are stick of automatic)! Unlike automatic, you have to manual work the drift by yourself. To do that, you need to press the “B” Button on the Wii Wheel/Nuncuk and Wiimote or press the ”R” button on the gamecube(usually)/classic controller! You need to press this button when accelerating and turning in order for the drift to work!

The mini turbo bonus with manual work by drifting steeply, the steeper you drift, the less time it takes for the mini turbo to pop up by the “drift” on your wheel turning blue! But for Karts, it turns blue and if you hold is even longer, it turns yellow. A Yellow boost is twice as fast as a normal boost but you need to hold the drift down longer, it only works with karts and usually the temptation of getting the yellow boost by holding the drift down longer ends up bad because its more faster using the blue boost and cutting the corner than getting a yellow boost but missing the cut! To get the mini turbo, release the button you used to drift (Still holding the accelerate) and you sould get a mini turbo if the blue/yellow appears!

Now, its time i told you the 3 types of drift’s!

Kart:The Kart is the most basic and is for all karts! When you use it, it sends your kart out a little bit from when you started the drift (this is not as steep as the other tow drift types) and you have to drift it while your kart is at a 45 Degree angle (going forwards, well, turning because thats what you do in a drift, but yeah). So it get’s pretty hard and confusing to use because you can easily mistake where your going and crash into a wall! The bonus of this dirft (The hardest drift) is that you get a yellow boost if you still hold the drift after the Blue drift boost appears!

Bike “Outter”: Well, there are two types of bike dift’s, inner and outter! Outter drift is when the driver stick’s his/her leg out behind the bike sending the bike out a little bit and to a 45 degree’ish angle while turning. Therefore making it much like the kart drift. This drift is a lot more steeper than the kart drift but not as steep as the inner bike drift. It also sends you out a bit you so its also hard and confusing to use because you can easily mistake where your going and crash into a wall. This drift may be much like the kart drift, but it does not get the yellow drift boost when you hold it down longer, but it is steeper!

Bike “Inner”:The Most easiest drift to use and the most steepest as well, this drift is much preferred than the other two because it doesnt involve send the kart out and on a 45 degree angle. Instead, it leans into the ground (causing sparks to appear) and turns steeply into the corner making it the more steep and corner cutting efficient drift, thus, the steeper it goes, it is causing the blue drift to spark up a lot more faster than the other 2! This drift is also much preferred because the kat is forwards when drifting and easily linded up to the next road after the corner while the other 2 drifts, you have to turn because you were previously at a 45 Degree’ish angle. This bike doesnt includ the Yellow boost but it is the steepest drift so i recommend this one Rather than the other 2!

Well, thats about it for drifting, i hope you learned something from this and that now you know your drifting skills, limits and best of all, corner cutting! Remember, if your lookin for: a steep turn, use Bike inner Dirft, a big boost, use kart drift, something in the middle, use bike outter drift! Thumb Up

Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide 942008_20080514_embed001

Trick’s

Well, basiclly a trick is when you flick the Wii Wheel/Nuncuk and Wiimote or press a certain button on the gamecube/classic controller just after you go up a ramp, half pipe (Those vertical blue arrow pads) or even a huge boost pad ramp! Then when you land, it gives you a mini turbo/boost, the same type of boost as drifting in manual!

Now, the advantage of this is that you can boost after landing from a ramp, because when your in the air, you lose your speed from before you went on the ramp so it is really good to do tricks when possible! Also, a trick enables you to do higher and further (and even further when you land because of the mini speed trubo/boost) then going up the ramp without doing a trick!

But the downside to tricks are that in some courses (e.g. GBA Bower castle 3) when you go up a “boost” ramp and do a trick, because the ramp sends you at the right spot to turn without hitting any walls when you go up the ramp without a trick. When you go on it with a trick, you go higher and further and when you land, the boost disables any steep turning and you useally go crashing into the end wall! But this downside only differ’s in a very few courses and in even fewer ramps/jumps in that course!

Here’s the Ramp in GBA Bower Castle 3 i was talking about! See how when you do the trick, you could hit the back wall (i have circled it!) because of the boost you length from the jump/trick!

Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide 6699n8

So there’s a basic guide on tricks, i hope you enjoy reading this and that it helps you! One thing, just watch out for jumps with a short distance in front of them before the next turn! Remember, tricks are good!
Dance

Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide 2423656209_046242cf61
Back to top Go down
http://www.aboutmariokart.wordpress.com
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:48 am

bike outer and kart drifting is the same thing
Back to top Go down
Micx
Administrator
Administrator
Micx

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:35 am

Jes. And I am the DRIFT KING! HAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aboutmariokart.com
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:39 am

no i am
i hav the ds version
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 7:48 am

so do I
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:34 am

coooooooooool
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:42 am

THAT IS ONE LONG TOPIC POST
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:52 am

it is so long that it just isnt
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:35 am

I see your still crazy turbo
Back to top Go down
Micx
Administrator
Administrator
Micx

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:26 am

Yes he is. Oh, and by the way, I had the GBA MarioKart. I learn to drift before any of you! Suck that!
Rocker
Back to top Go down
Joyduck7
Administrator
Administrator
Joyduck7

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 8:58 pm

i have the SNES, GBA, Nintendo 64, DS and Wii version of mariokart

eat that micx Nah Nah
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:00 pm

u'm actually me and micx got the gba and mk and learned how to drift before any of you were born!!!
Back to top Go down
Joyduck7
Administrator
Administrator
Joyduck7

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:06 pm

lol, was just kidding above, i have the old ones of emula8ers!

But i have in real life:

GBA, DS and WII versions's of mariokart

but seriously, i had the GBAv 2 years before i when to singapore, and that was 10 years ago, no lie, i can even show it to u if u come over!
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:36 pm

i got mine 11 year s ago!!!

no not really i got it 23 years ago Sad
Back to top Go down
Micx
Administrator
Administrator
Micx

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 10:48 pm

I got mine when I was like six, sooooooo...
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:55 pm

and your 73 so you got it.....
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySat May 23, 2009 11:56 pm

HOW R YOU GUYS ANYWAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:11 am

Quote :
HOW R YOU GUYS ANYWAY!!!!

what?
Back to top Go down
Dragon
Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySun May 24, 2009 4:01 am

i said HOW OLD R U GUYS ANYWAY
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptySun May 24, 2009 5:30 am

joy duck is 6 days old (dead tomorrow) and i'm

45!!
no

no cherry
Back to top Go down
Micx
Administrator
Administrator
Micx

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:41 am

Im -100; Turbo is exactly 6 months older than me.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyMon May 25, 2009 2:17 am

plz stop it joyduck your to ugly and old to eat micx I will just mix you up with a mixing spoon and turbo you just broke down!
Back to top Go down
Joyduck7
Administrator
Administrator
Joyduck7

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:38 am

ooooo, jordan, you better look here before you post any thing like that again:

https://aboutmkb.forumotion.com/news-and-annoucnment-f12/seriously-t34.htm#746
Back to top Go down
turbocharger
Administrator
Administrator
turbocharger

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyMon May 25, 2009 9:40 am

naughty boy
Back to top Go down
Micx
Administrator
Administrator
Micx

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:14 am

Mix me with a mixing spoon? Well I'll smash your face in with my fist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide   Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Joyduck's Drifting & Trick's Guide
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next